Are you looking for a rewarding and flexible career that allows you to make a positive impact on the lives of children and their communities? If so, you might be interested in becoming a school bus driver for Mid-Placer Public Schools Transportation Agency.
As a school bus driver for Mid-Placer, you will enjoy many benefits, such as:
- A competitive salary range of $22.80 to $27.72 per hour, depending on your experience and qualifications.
- A comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance, retirement plan, paid holidays, sick leave, and vacation time.
- A flexible schedule that allows you to work part-time or full-time, depending on your availability and preference.
- A rewarding career that allows you to make a positive difference in the lives of children and their families.
- A supportive work environment that provides ongoing training, feedback, recognition, and opportunities for advancement.
Mid-Placer Public Schools Transportation Agency is a joint powers authority created by the school districts we serve in Placer County, California. We operate routes for home-to-school and special needs transportation in support of our member districts. We also provide activity trips for sports, field trips, and other events.
As a school bus driver for Mid-Placer, you will be responsible for safely and efficiently transporting students to and from school and other activities. You will also be a role model and a mentor for the students, helping them develop good habits and behaviors.
To become a school bus driver for Mid-Placer, you need to meet the following requirements:
- You must complete a 40-hour training course, pass a background check, a physical examination, and a first aid test.
- You must have a clean driving record and no criminal history. You must also follow the drug and alcohol testing program.
- You must have at least a high school diploma or GED and some work experience in driving or working with children.
- You must be at least 18 years old.
If you meet these requirements, you can apply for a school bus driver position with Mid-Placer by filling out an employment application at our office, or by completing the questions below and attaching a resume. If you meet the qualifications, you will be contacted to attend an orientation explaining our training program and have an opportunity to ask any questions you have.
We look forward to hearing from you soon! 🚌
We offer free training. If you're ready to join our team, get in touch for more information.
Our mission is to safely and efficiently transport students for Home-to-School and Activity Trips.
Mid-Placer operates routes for Home-to-School and Special Needs transportation in support of our Member Districts.
Public health guidelines continue to evolve as will our response to the impacts of COVID-19.
Physical distancing is not practicable on a school bus. Students and drivers may wear face coverings while in transit.